Profitable Google Ads Campaign
How to create effective Google Ads Campaign to earn maximum out of it?
Creating a new Google Ads campaign is an important step towards your marketing activity. To make it more effective you need to evaluate your requirement first than perform some brainstorming in order to find the right campaign that match your marketing campaign. In addition that check the features that Google Ads campaign going to offer.
All the beginner those who are new to Google Ads feel it very challenging to create a profitable Google Ads campaign. Some may the fear, a single wrong step can ruin whole budget. So, in this article, I am going to share the best way to create a profitable Google Ads campaign. This article seems to be very effective and work perfect for every types of user who are using Google Ads.
To make your Google Ads profitable you need to follow step-by-step process and make proper use of all the features. Below, we have listed 8 important steps that helps you to create your ads from the scratch in a profitable way.
#1 Who are your customer?
Before start building your campaign, you need to understand- who are your customers? And what they are search searching?
To get the right answer of your questions, you can make use of Google Ads Keywords Planner Tools. The tool helps you to find the right set of keywords for your product/service/solution and corresponding to that you can check the number of average monthly search. In addition to that, it helps to get the pricing detail on click basis.
To make the right use of this tool, you should check following feature-
- Keywords and phrases
- Average monthly searches
- Time period
#2 How to make perfect use of Google Ads keyword planner?
I am sharing an example of how to make perfect use of keyword planner in context to my business.
AllJobsHub is an India based job searching site, and I have to find the right keywords that helps my business to get more visibility.
Based on brainstorming, I identified few keywords/phase that work well for my business –
- Best job searching website
- Job searching websites
Before start searching, I made some changes in keywords planner setting –
- Update the location
- Update the last one year month setting
- Select the Google as search network
After performing following changes, I inputted the above-mentioned keywords in the “keyword ideas” box and get around 1200 keywords based on those keywords. Prioritize it based on “average monthly searches”. Below screen is an overview –
#3 How much amount you can pay for each click?
Google Ads keyword planner shows bid suggestion corresponding to each keyword. So, you need to check how much you can pay on CPC.
Here, is a simple formula to calculate your CPC that you can pay –
Max CPC = (profit per customer) x (1 – profit margin) x (website conversion rate)
Example, your profit per customer is $400, and you have the conversion ratio of 2% (out of 1000 visitor 20 convert into customers). Let us assume; you want to generate 40% profit margin, then the CPC will be –
$400 x (1-0.40) x 2%= $4.8
Based on example, we get $4.8 as your max CPC. So, avoid using keywords that are having max CPC more than $4.8.
#4 How to perform the competitor evaluation?
You are ready with the set of keywords and the bid amount based on your profit. Now, start evaluating your competitors. Here, are some of the effective ways to perform the competitor’s analysis for your Google text ads –
- Check the keywords manually over Google SERP and evaluate the ads, which rank best.
- Check the landing page
- What all extension is showing corresponding to ad?
- Why particular text ad rank better in comparison to other?
Study these factors in detail before writing your first ad copy. Not only ad copy but also you need to pay attention to landing page because the quality score depends and CTR depends on landing page.
Apart of these, you need to identify unique selling proposition (USP). The USP helps your product/services/business to stand unique and best as compare to your competitors.
#5 How to select the right Google Ads campaign?
Google Ads supports 6 types of campaign –
- Search Network with Display Select
- Search Network only
- Display Network only
- Universal app
Each campaign have subtypes that determines the types of setting and option. So, based on the requirement you can choose the type of campaign and its setting.
Search network with display – If you want to target both Google search and display network using Google text ad, this is best campaign for you.
What all Search network with display campaign offer?
- Offering a complete way to manage ad placement over Google – SERP, Partner sites, display network site and video.
- Supports – text ads, image ads, display ad builder ads, and app/digital content ads.
- Easy to target ads based on keywords, Placements, and Remarketing list.
Search network only – If you want to target only Google search engine result page (SERP) using keywords, this is best campaign for you.
What all search network campaign offer?
- Some of the basic feature that helps you to manage your text ads – location targeting, bidding setting, language selection, and extension integration.
- Provides more control on keywords bidding.
- Supports different types of extension that work amazing to improve conversion.
Display network only – Google display network campaign type let you show your ads on Google display network sites, i.e. Gmail, YouTube, Blogspot, Google Finance, Google Maps, and Google partner sites.
What all display network campaign offer?
- Google display network support multiple types of ad formats, i.e. text, image, rich media, and video ads.
- Easy to manage ads placement on so many Google display network sites.
- The best part of this campaign is that it support multiple types of ads.
- Display only campaign is one of the best campaign to boost brand popularity.
Shopping – Google shopping campaign is designed for retailers who wants to promote their product online using shopping ads.
What all-shopping campaign offer?
- Helps you to promote your product using shopping ads. The shopping ad is more than text ad. Retailer can display information and image of product using this ad type.
- Easy to boost traffic to your website and local store with improved CTR. .
Video – Google video campaign helps you to create compelling video ads that helps you to engage customer over YouTube and other Google video partner sites.
What all video campaign offer?
- Helps you to create video ads and engage customer over YouTube and other Google video partner sites. Easy to run video ads for more than 30 secs as well.
- The best part of video ads is that they have very wider reach as compare to other type of ads.
- Google video campaign support three type of video ads – TrueView in-stream ads, TrueView video discovery ads, and bumper ads.
Universal app – Google Universal app campaign helps you to promote your app across Google Search, YouTube, Gmail, Google Play Store, and Google display network sites.
What all Universal app campaign offer?
- Helps you to boost the downloading of your app.
- Seems to be one of the best campaign to increase the downloading of app.
#6 How to create compelling ads?
You are done with keywords identification, USP identification, and campaign overview, now how can you have compelling ads that attract more click and user engagement. A compelling ad offer higher click through rate (CTR) at lower cost per click.
Google Ads text ad offers following 4 elements –
- Heading 1
- Heading 1
- Description line 1
- Description line 2
- Display URL
We all are aware of these elements. However, very few use it in a right way. Here, I am going to share some of most effective practice of creating compelling text ad.
Each element have certain limitation and to make perfect use of that.
Heading 1: 30 Characters limit
Heading 2: 30 Characters limit
Description: 80 Characters limit
Path 1: 15 Characters limit
Path 2: 15 Characters limit
How to make perfect use of heading in Google text ads?
- Make right use of all the available character space. You have 60 characters each with 30 characters limit.
- Always include keyword in your heading
- A heading with question have more impact as compare to normal heading
- Always include USP in your heading
How to make perfect use of description in Google text ads?
- Description section offers 80 characters space. To make it catchy, you can have perfect description.
- Write your description in such a way that explain your business/product/service value and significance of having it.
- You description should clearly states that how your product/business/service is best as compare to your competitors.
How to make perfect use of display/path in Google text ads?
- Always include the campaign the UPS, Call to action and offer in your display URL
In addition to that, you can make perfect use of extension to make your ad more compelling. Check more on how to make perfect use of extension.
#7 How to design a perfect landing page with higher CTR?
Landing page is one of the most important element that impact the overall success of an ad. A perfect landing page have higher CTR and better conversion. Here, are some of the effective strategies that work best to create a perfect landing page –
- Create the landing page on the basis of targeted keywords
- Must have perfect heading. Heading should be good enough to attract visitor and compel them to read the rest of the content.
- Always include the detail information, offers if any, USP, benefits and call to action (CTA).
#8 How to optimize Ads regularly to get the maximum ROI?
To keep your ads profitable, always optimize it on regular basis. Here, are some of the setting that you need to care-
- Always evaluate the ads based on CTR and conversion. Check the low performing ads.
- Manage the bidding based on devices – desktop/mobile.
- Keep adding new keywords and remove the non-performing keywords with low searches.
- Manage the bidding of keywords that are ranking lower.
- Keep reforming the negative keyword list on regular basis.
- Optimize the landing page if the quality score is low. You can add more content or optimize the content by integrating keyword specific content.
- Evaluate the conversion based on your profit margin as explained in point 3.