Most Important On-Page SEO Elements to Improve Website Visibility
SEO activity is broadly divided into two important factors one is on-page element and the second one is off-page optimization. In this blog we are going to discuss in detail what are the most important on-page element that helps your website to gain visibility over search engine? So, before moving into detail let’s first understand what is on-page optimization?
On-page optimization is the process of optimizing the website by making changes in the website as per the instruction of the website.
Important On-page SEO Elements
- Content Optimization: Content is one of the most important part in order to optimize the website. What you need to follow while optimizing the content?
- Content should be unique and informative.
- Keywords should be the part of the content. But make sure that keyword density should not be high. The Keywords density ratio should not be more than 2%.
Keyword Density Ratio Formula –
(No. of time keyword appears on a web page /Total Word Count) * 100
- Using Keywords in your URL.
- Try to reduce the length of your URL to 100 Characters.
- Based on category and sub category create the URL. The name of the category should be properly used in the URL.
For example if I am in a business of online fashion store and having category of shoes and its child category formal shoes.
- In such case we should have following URL structure
- Always use a dash operator (-) to separate the two words. The search engine treats it as a separator. In above URL we are using (-) operator to guide search engine crawler to treat formal and shoes as a separate word.
You can target keywords using the same techniques as explained above.
- Never use _ (Underscore) in the URL.
- URL should be in small case. Never user capital letter or words in the URL.
What other thing you need to keep in mind while optimizing the images:
- Image must have proper name
- Always try have reduce the name of an image 2-3 words
- Make use of keywords in images Alt attribute or file name. But don’t make keywords stuffing. Image name should be related to the image
- The size of the image should be small. If you have bigger size image it can increase the loading time of the website.
- The link structure should be perfect. User can easily move from one page to other page.
- Using hyperlink (A Href Tag) on important keywords to establish the link.
Before moving in deeper part let’s first explore the brief overview of Search Engine. This helps you to understand the title, URL and Description in a better way.
Important points relating title:
- Google the most popular search engine use to display the title of a web page in pixel area over search engine. Most of SEO guys are confused in deciding the length of the title.
You can restrict the length of the title to 65 characters.
- Use informative title that helps users to divert to your website.
- Make perfect use of targeted keywords in the title.
- Specify the brand name in the title.
<title>Targeted keywords | Brand Name</title>
- The length should not be more than 165 characters.
- Should be eye catching and informative.
- Integrate targeted keywords.
<meta name=”description” content=”Integrated targeted keywords in a form of sentence”>
<meta name=”keywords” itemprop=”keywords” content=”keyword1, keyword2, keyword3,…”>
Always make sure that while integrating the keywords, the keyword density should not be more.
- The sitemap.xml file should be submitted in the root folder.
- Always assign the priority to each URL based on its importance.
- You can manage the sitemap based on server response.
- Submit the sitemap to the Google Webmaster/Google Search Console.